Sign in to follow this  
Supercoke

POKeMon TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!

Supercoke

Hi guys, this is something im putting together and it should be a ton of fun so if your interested just give it a look.

Im basically running this operation off my old clans forums which we just made into a community forum(we closed down synergy after 4 years as a clan cause rs blows).

You can register an account on those forums if you like because thats where i'll be posting most of the information about the tournament like the draws and such. We're currently transforming them from a clan forum to a community forum so if you register an account youll be validated as soon as an admin gets on. There really arent any rules as far as behavior there its pretty chill.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Synergy

ignore the application system and shit if you want to make an account, its not like you need an account to play in the tournament but youd be more "in the loop"

Invite your friends if you want to, this is all just for fun of course

TO PLAY IN THE TOURNAMENT YOU MUST SIGN UP

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP FOR THE TOURNAMENT

The POKeMon tournament will work something like this

Step 1 - You download the emulator

An Emulator is basically just a gameboy that runs off your computer, its completely free and legal. To be able to play against each other though you need a special emulator which can link you to your friends just like those gameboy link cables do that people use to bring to school and trade pokemon on.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EMULATOR

The link is safe i downloaded it myself and it runs great.

It comes Zipped so youll need to unzip it before it works.

Step 2 - you need a ROM which is the actual game which the emulator runs. ROM's are absolutely 100% illegal because the games are copyrighted and therefore it is fairly difficult to get them off the internet. HOWEVER, I will get the rom using torrent or something and then i can send it to everyone over msn. Make sure you have me added on msn! [thesynergyleader@hotmail.com] I do not expect it will take me any longer than a day to find roms for all different types of pokemon games.

To play the game what you do is right click the ROM file(it will be saved as some strange file type your computer does not know how to open) and then click OPEN. Your computer wont know how to open this file so a box will pop up asking you if you want to open or cancel. Click open once more and it will give you a list of programs it reccomends you open it with. None of the programs it gives will know what to make of this file so what you need to do is click the button that says browse near the bottom and hopefully you rememeber where you have the emulator saved. Choose to open the file with Visual Boy Advanced and the emulator will start up the game for you.

Now for the link part

When you have the visual boy advanced program running press CTRL + M to open up a small window with link options. In a link battle you have one person who is the host and one person who is the client. On the small menu you need to select the button that says "Network" that will open up the other two tabs. One tab says Server and the other says Client. You'll have two people in the battle of course so one person goes on the Server tab and clicks the button that says "Start!". It will generate an IP that you then give to your friend. Your friend will click the Client tab and just paste in the IP that you gave him and then hit "Connect". You guys are then connected, its as simple as that.

As for the tournaments themselves theres alot of options really. The basic idea is that the contestants are given the rom for whichever pokemon game were using and then everyone has say like one week to compile a lineup of 6 pokemon and we'll just do a bracket style tournament. Hopefully alot of people are down with the idea and we get a nice size draw.

Hopefully this catches the interest of some people :D

Kane1254

when you say send over msn, do you mean send the file over msn or a link to dl it?

Supercoke

file, but if you dont trust me you could always use limewire or another p2p

obtaining roms isnt as easy as just downloading a file because they are illegal you gotta get them through torrent or p2p, any roms you can "download" are just keyloggers, and the people who put those keyloggers and shit up arent wanting to hack you on rs or something theyre gonna be trying to get credit card numbers and other info from you so stay away from "free rom" sites and other bullshit like that

Its not legal and if a site had legit roms it would get shut down and the owner most likely taken to court for copyright infringement.

Kane1254

oic

add me on msn - poisonrocks@hotmail.com - easier to talk then refreshing boards ;x

Supercoke

Ok great news guys i just got i think every single pokemon game lol

I got

blue, red, yellow, gold, silver, crystal, ruby, sapphire, emerald, fire red, and leaf green

rom testing in progress

btw - I havent really decided which game we will use for the tournament yet, but im kind of leaning towards blue or red

if people really like the idea we can keep going with the tournies and branch out into some of the newer pokemon games

personally i havent played any past blue red and yellow but we'll see how it goes i guess

EDIT: Ok awesome the roms are working just get with me on msn for them. The older games like blue and red are only like 300kb, but the newer ones like sapphire and ruby are about 4mb

EDIT2: you'll need an extracter program such as winzip because the files are compressed to help with size issues, uncompressed the newer games are like 15megs which would take ages to send over msn. the emulator will play games zipped but it runs alot slower its kinda laggy

Supercoke

Here is the emulator running the Leaf Green version

24y7kgx.gif

Note: I already told windows to always open this file with visual boy advance, it will not automatically know this so you have to tell it which program to open the file with

Gibs123

I run my pokemon leaf green from the VISUALBOYADVANCE. My RoM was free, my RoM works, my RoM's safe.

Jimi

roms arent the list bit difficult to get rofl, when movielounge did them for like a day we had thousands lol!

ğєє тєє Å¡єє

too much work or i would :(

Supercoke

Ok well if you can find good roms on the internet more power to you, if you need help i can send them to youi over msn

@360 - its not much work dude theres a dl link for the emulator on the first post and i can send you the roms, it explains how to run them and the link

Tyler

Give me a link to one I can download not on msn and im down.

Carrollton1

Supercoke add karlcarrollton@hotmail.com

and please send me emerald?

Deeryl Omasi

roll tide

and yeah im down, deerylomasi@live.com

Supercoke
Give me a link to one I can download not on msn and im down.

find one yourself if you think im trying to keylog people cause i dont have any / know of any dl links

added everyone who requested ad's