Sign in to follow this  
Matt

DI Closes

Matt

I do this not because I have to, I do this because I want to

Like the title says, the majority of clans these days close because leaders or other officials simply do no longer have the time. In my case, this isnt the reason I've taken this decision. No I'm not one of those people who come out with those statements like, "I'm quitting RS to get a life", "I'm quitting RS because I want to focus on school". In truth the reason im quitting is because I want to.

This decision is not one I take easily, I mean after five years of work its hard to just suddenly decide you want to call it a day on something. Ive considered this for many months. (About four to be exact). I know the first thing that many of you will think is, you're going to regret this. No, I truely am not going to regret this decision. Most of you might not understand, but to be a leader you need to commit yourself to the game and therefore you feel like you're tied to it. I don't want to feel tied to the game anymore. It's not something that interests me anymore.

I guess if you were to try sum up why im quitting, I'd say, some of you may remember this quote:

So yea like I said ive been leader of DI for nearly 4 years now and alot of people ask why havent I quit by now, or how do I keep going after all that time. Well the answer is im not bored of it. I still enjoy it and if I didnt enjoy it I would of quit by now.

Well yea.

As for what I plan on doing in the future? Well probably nothing really, I don't plan on disappearing or anything, i mean I'll still come on the computer pretty often and I'll still be on IRC, however I most definitely won't be doing anything runescape related. I won't ever join another clan, nor will I ever re-open DI. I didn't actually even play anyway besides PK trips.

Well that's enough about me. What about DI?

Over the years this question has come up many times, as to who would lead DI if I was to quit or retire. Well the answer is no one unfortunately. Call me selfish, call me greedy, but this is the way it was meant to be. There was never going to be another leader after me and I think thats the way most ex/current old school members would prefer it to be.

To all the current members of DI:

I'm sorry I had to do it this way. It may not of been the best way or time to do it, but as I said, this decision was made months ago and there was never going to be a "right" time to do it. I didn't tell anyone on purpose, although I did alude to the fact this decision was coming sometime down the road, just not when. Right up until this post I acted like nothing was going to happen and to just do it on you might feel wrong and that I don't care about you. However, you need to look at it my way. If I didn't do this now, I'd of probably never did it. Once its done its done. I realise many of you will probably quit runescape but many of you will probably also join other clans, to those that do I wish you goodluck. I know in the last few weeks there was problems that I could of fixed, but in truth I ignored most of them because I knew this was coming. I may not of been the best leader but when I led I gave it 100% and always did my best for this clan. I'd like to think due to that fact all of you (even EX-DI) can respect this decision.

You will all still remain members of DI and I will still keep our teamspeak up (as long as it continues to pay for it). I will also keep our IRC channels running for anyone who wants to use them. Like I said I'll still be around fairly often, maybe even on a daily basis for a bit, but maybe not after that. I'll also keep you all added so you can use my clan chat.

What about DI forums:

Well as long as they continue to pay for themselves, I'll still keep them up and running. I may even make some actual guest mods if the levels of activity are maintained. However, they pay for themselves, so if they die out then they won't pay for themselves. (On a slightly unrelated note, inb4themario, no I never got a single $ from the ad money nor will I ever do so, nor will anyone else).

What else is there to say?

I guess there isnt much else to say, I won't do shoutouts because like I said im not totally disappearing. I'll still be around quite often for anyone who wants to talk to me (although don't talk to me about the decision because I won't go back on it).

Many of you thought this day would never come, but its finally here. Many of you will probably be happy to see that DI is closing, but in all honesty, I can say I really don't care what you think, because if I did I'd be bragging about DI's achievements and what not. At the end of the day its a just a game and we all move on at some stage. I hope everyone who was a member of DI over the past 5 years had a good time and enjoyed their time here. Although most of you won't admit it there truely was never another clan like DI.

but now it's time to move on and let history by my judge.

Harry

This is why i didn't sleep during the 10 hour fights and todays fight. Good fight most arrogent clan in runescape.

Edited by Grimstriper

Reddevil159

LOL!

Yo Di Im Real Happy For Yall And Imma Let You Finish, But SE Was The Best Clan Closed This Year ?Amsg?

Edited by Reddevil159

Gtow

good luck on ur intro p min3r

Edited by Gtow

Xi T31ey Ix

Fucking troll. If they have someone else will try lead them.

Edited by Xi T31ey Ix

Hyu244

Mess with the best,die like the rest.

Coolal

Is this a troll or what LOL

dereadytobie

Probably a troll lol

Baller

Dam, We really made them close lol

5-0

red fat1

Congratz u killed the only clan u fight lol.

Crs Range

TROLL FUCKING TROLL LOLOLOL

...it better be.