Sign in to follow this  
Zach

Official Movie Review/Recommendation Thread

Zach

Well we don't have a topic like this, and if people contribute I think this could work. So let's try.

Quick sample guideline of criteria to cover:

Title and year it was released

Quick plot synopsis (don't give away anything)

Quality of acting

Genre

Win any awards?

Additional comments about why you liked it

Obviously you don't need to follow that model, but I'll do a sample following it

Title: Shawshank Redemption, 1994

At the start, you see a quick part of a trial of a guy who ends up being sentenced to jail for life. The jail is known to be a shit hole basically, where there are tons of thugs and if you're a pussy you end up getting beat up or dead. You see what life is like in the jail and how he interacts with other inmates. Obviously it's a lot deeper than that but I don't want to give anything away.

The acting is extremely good. The main characters are Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman, who both do a great job. Also the supporting actors are great

The genre is a drama I guess

It won the oscar for best picture, and Morgan Freeman won the oscar for best actor

It's really good because there's always something going on, no boring parts, there's great acting, great plot, very well written. It's really a must see, I'm sure almost everyone who reads this has already seen it.

Barbus12

Schindlers List

A german who hires jewish people during world war II to work in his factory, saves their life while doing it. (true story)

Additional comments about why you liked it: the whole nazi thing interests me alot and it was really good lol.

4kyiyw4k

jg1n5l.jpg

Quick plot synopsis

A race of aliens that pilot robots has conquered the Earth and forced humanity underground. After three hundred years of domination, a small group of humans develop a plan to defeat the mechanical invaders in the ultimate battle, but matters get worse when they find out that the aliens don't pilot the robots, they are the robots.

28s7vh3.jpg

Quality of acting

33a84rn.jpg

shit

Genre

2427h49.jpg

shit

Win any awards?

LOL

The most elaborate and bodacious straight to DVD movie of the year

-Mike Hermann of the Houston Chronicle

worst piece of shit I have ever seen in my life nothing can make up for the hour and a half that i wasted watching this

Edited by Delinius

The Man

Well my personal favorite was: The Hero of the Night with Tom Hanks as the main character. His wife with is completely smoking hot and they have sex like x4 times throughtout the movie which is not the sexyest thing but it decent. Well it begins with Hanks being stranded on the streets and being beat up by a gang of thugs. He finds out later in the movie who did it and takes revenge. There was 4 guys and when he finds the first guy he rapes the guys wife and blows his nut on the guys face..Pretty fucking graphic but will make you become involved into the movie..I won't say anything else about the other 3 guys but it got even better.

In all I loved this movie because it was different and had a really good plot of revenge and fucked up methods on those guys who fucked him up.

Spolier..He dies while fighting the last guy because of he falls into a hot vat of chocolate.

Ludadogg0

My favorite movie is 300.

Why?

Self explanatory.

Dan~loot

watched Sherlock Holmes the other day was really good

Lordlocke1

tbh Lord Of The Rings trilogy will own pretty much any film ever

Bull Mc

Nerd at heart.

Kill2bme

Nerd at heart.

Kripz

Nerd at heart.

LOLOL Gf nick.

Guandudragon

How high

Its a comedy so its pretty good, not sure if the topic is okay to talk about on the forums though (its nothing inappropriate)

4kyiyw4k

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie: Pyramid of Light

2cfp2eu.jpg

Quick plot synopsis

The events of Battle City have just concluded, and Yugi now owns all three Egyptian God Cards. Seto Kaiba longs to finally defeat Yugi, and he suspects that since Maximillion Pegasus created the Egyptian God Cards, he would have also created a way to beat them. Kaiba heads off to Pegasus' retreat castle to find the card. Meanwhile a shadowy being breaks into Pegasus' safe and adds a card to the deck hidden inside. Kaiba arrives and challenges Pegasus to a duel, wagering his Blue-Eyes White Dragons for Pegasus' card that can beat the Egyptian Gods. Kaiba wins, and Pegasus' allows him to search his Deck for the card. To Pegasus' surprise Kaiba finds two cards, capable of defeating the God Cards. Kaiba leaves ignoring Pegasus' claims that there should only have been one card.

Meanwhile, Joey and Tristan hold off a mob of duelists wanting to duel Yugi for the Egyptian Gods, with Yugi and Téa seeking refuge in Domino Museum, where they meet up with Yugi's Grandpa. They discover a new attraction on display, the Pyramid of Light, which resembles the Millennium Puzzle. Once Grandpa reads an inscription on the side of a sarcophagus, also part of the exhibit, Yugi has a strange vision about Kaiba. They wake up to find the pyramid stolen, the sarcophagus empty, Yugi wanting Téa to read him a bunny story, and Mokuba standing outside. Mokuba says that Kaiba wants Yugi to come to the KaibaCorp Duel Dome immediately. Yugi does so, transforming into the Pharaoh on the way, and finds Kaiba ready to duel. He seals all the exits, forcing Yugi to duel him; Joey and Tristan, who have been chasing Yugi to see what he's up to, are also trapped.

During the duel, Yugi is starting to suspect that there are dark forces at work - especially when Kaiba activates a trap card called the Pyramid of Light, which not only bears a striking resemblance to the pyramid in the museum, but also removes the Egyptian Gods from play; it also sucks Yugi, Joey and Tristan's souls into the Millennium Puzzle, and later Téa as well. During the duel, as Yugi and Kaiba lose Life Points, they begin to lose their own life force as well. Before long, Kaiba has his Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon on the field, but to Yugi's surprise, he sacrifices it to summon an even stronger monster, the Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon. Kaiba wants to humiliate Yugi by wiping him out with his own Egyptian Gods; since Pyramid of Light removed the Gods from play, Kaiba plans to play Return from the Different Dimension to get them under his control. Kaiba commands his Shining Dragon to use its special effect, which allows it to sacrifice itself to destroy the Pyramid of Light. Suddenly, a ghostly voice calls out and the effect is canceled. Anubis, the Egyptian Lord of the Dead whom the Pharaoh destroyed 5,000 years ago, is resurrected by Yugi's ebbing life force and rises up from behind Kaiba, throwing him aside and taking over the duel himself, all in the hopes of having his revenge against the Pharaoh.

Putting his faith into the cards, Yugi draws the Double Spell card, which allows him to discard a card to activate Monster Reborn from the graveyard. He uses it to revive Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon and destroys the Pyramid of Light, after it is weakened by Yugi inside the Millennium Puzzle, which also releases him, Joey, Tristan and Téa. Anubis then summons Theinen the Great Sphinx with the Pyramid of Light around his neck. Yugi then uses the Reverse of Reverse trap card to use the Return from the Different Dimension placed face-down by Kaiba to return the Egyptian God Cards and use them to defeat Anubis's monster. Anubis is seemingly defeated, but a giant jackal arises from the remains of the Pyramid and attempts to kill Yugi and his friends. Kaiba and Yugi join forces and summon the Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon, which destroys Anubis once and for all.

5x2vky.jpg

Quality of acting voice acting

2nvf9nd.jpg

yugi sounds like a female

Genre

2ynosxx.jpg

card games/hentai

Win any awards?

68th in the '100 worst reviewed films of the 2000s', with a rating of 5%

Currently the lowest rated animated film on Metacritic, with an average of 15 out of 100, based on 18 reviews

ITS TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Addy-Zach

fucking delinius rofl

Vanderman

GooDFellaS | 1990

Gangster film, if you don't like or understand this film then you sir are a retard. It's the best Gangster film of it's generation with an excellent storyline, that has influenced me to watch this film over and over and over Again!

The basic storyline being that a kid has also wanted to be a Gangster and then he does when he gets older and basically his story.

The acting is superb with Roberto de Niro acting fucking fantastic! Ray Liotta is the main character in the film with excellent acting. And the geezer from Home Alone, the short fat robber.

Crime/Biography/Drama

Fucking Loads of awards. End of.

Cos it's not a retarded story and it actually delivers a great message.

P.S. I own.