Sign in to follow this  
4kyiyw4k

Possibilities of CryEngine 2

4kyiyw4k

source

One of the most graphically advanced game engines developed is used to make a fantasy-themed environment; it looks lovely tbh

Imagine a new Elder Scrolls series looking like this.

crysis-madmaximus83-fantasy,6-X-249081-13.jpg

The sort of graphics possible with CryEngine 2 is stunning. While we've all seen what can be done with it from Crytek's games, but what about in the hands of a fantasy artist?

This is what's been done by "MadMaximus83" as he shows his work on his DeviantArt page.

crysis-madmaximus83-fantasy,7-1-249085-13.jpg

From the artist's description:

Greetings,

i'd like to show you the first screenshots of my upcoming realtime fantasy game environment project (yeah... what a nice word... ^^). I used "CryEngine 2" to realize this fantasy scenario and hope to finish it very soon.

The fantasy scene i created is just for portfolio purpose and there won't be a deathmatch map or something like that. This thing is not a mod, although the fps would be adequate for use in a video game.

On my old "Intel Quadcore 6600" (using a "Ati Radeon HD 4870" graphic card) the map runs fine (System -> Win7 64 bit with high graphic specs ingame). The fps are between 13 and 26 frames. They would be even better if i spent more time on optimization, but since this project is just for visual demonstration i focussed more on design than on performance.

All models have been created by me, except some of the original crysis plants & rocks and two small tree model packs, the "European Nature Set" by Michael Betke and the "Pine Tree Pack" by "Mr.Guybrush II" and "Orange_Duck". I used 3D Studio Max, ZBrush and Photoshop for the models (and some other little tools) and the Sandbox2 editor (respectively the Crysis SDK) for the map itself.

I will upload more screenshots and an ingame trailer within a few weeks. I will also post more information when it's done.

Hope you'll like the first screens.

Edited by Delinius

Addy-Zach

damn that looks sick

Pink Floyd

looks amazing!

Real

Tbh my graphics card would probably die trying to play that

Red Sky 13

Good graphics, doesn't look that fun though.

4kyiyw4k

Good graphics, doesn't look that fun though.

It's not a game, just a 3D environment, but I agree that graphics don't make a game fun whatsoever. I'm just impressed at what current technology is able to dish out in terms of detail.

Splodge

Looks fairly decent.

Numbers`

oohlala

Parumpapapums

looks nice

`Ryan

Looks real cool.

4kyiyw4k

MMORPG?

just a interactive environment, but if it was a MMORPG nobody would be able to play it without getting like 1 frame per minute

Ludadogg0

NIceee