Sign in to follow this  
AfroDan

Quake 2 Multiplayer

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

AfroDan

EDIT: looks like I need to like recode the graphics mod to include Anticheat AND register my "server" [with an "active userbase" to even attempt to sign up to run anticheat], and i rly dont feel like learning coding for years to do any of that lol. If I suspect you of botting I will launch you off the server and you will land smack-dab in the middle of Kenya. :russianroulette: Since i been playing quake 2 since i was 13 i can easily tell if some1 is botting since...you know they never miss lol, or aim at ppl thru walls etc

Well earlier today on TS I heard about people wanting to play some Quake 2/3 [unfortunately i dont have the resources to setup Q3.] I have the install files for quake 2, and I am working on making a "server" out of my pc and internet so you guys can hookup and play online. I am willing and able to do it, since my gfx card is incompatible with Halo for some god-awful reason. If i get ~10 ppl to support I will set it up.

I know you are probably wondering:

-why would i play this old as fuck game

-doesnt it look like/play like shit

-nigger

well it is actually a really fast-paced game, esp compared to games like Halo. Also I have a way to remove the shit graphics, and i will help you configure any controls and whatnot. Also people may wonder about space. Well here is the breakdown:

What you would be downloading:

-The full Quake 2 game [installer is 125mb, full installed folder is 325mb]

-The graphics mod that brings it into the 21st century, and lets you use 3rd or 1st person views [~30mb]

-Some maps that I find since playing the same one on Halo gets boring [~100mb max]

-anything you can think of basically if i can find it [~varies in size]

I kno it isnt Black ops or anything amazingly new like that, but its still fun as hell. Gimme ur opinions rot :tiphat: I'll try to upload some screenies of the graphics mod tomorrow when I try to setup a server.

Edited by AfroDan

samuel

I'm down to try it out (never played quake2). We have to keep aimbotters like delinius out though

AfroDan

I'm down to try it out (never played quake2). We have to keep aimbotters like delinius out though

Quake 2 has anticheat services that i will be using when i setup the server ofcourse, no need to worry about that.

Ego

If it doesn't freeze my laptop everytime I open it like Halo..Sure :)

4kyiyw4k

might try this out, never played quake before :o

Quake 2 has anticheat services that i will be using when i setup the server ofcourse, no need to worry about that.

hopefully having an anticheat system on this game will finally make you realize that i don't aimbot, you just suck nut Edited by Delinius

MeMito

I wouldn't mind. Last time i played that game was like 5 years ago lol

Nine

I'm up for it if we get a good ammount of people

AfroDan

If it doesn't freeze my laptop everytime I open it like Halo..Sure :)

if quake 2 freezes your compute i would seriously consider buying a computer that isnt factory installed with windows 3.1 lol

and since people wanna try it out for the first time, maybe ill make like a demo with all the basic moves u will need and such [how to aim weps, basic jump tactics/trick jumps, movement etc] when i setup the server, so every1 is on somewhat "equal" playing ground :cheers:

Robin

King Millsy

If there's gunna be chicken, I'm down

Andrew

If its downloadable then sure I'm up for it