Sign in to follow this  
Jake

Major League Baseball

Jake

Saw it was lacking some attention on the boards, so I decided to make a topic..

I'm not sure how many actually like and follow baseball like I, but I'll basically give you a summary of the top teams as of the moment.

Philadelphia Phillies: The Phillies aren't really a surprise this year. Their current pitching rotation is undoubtedly the best (in my opinion) in the MLB right now. With Hamels, Halladay, Oswalt, and Lee, you can't really be looking forward to any series against them. They aren't the best in the league at batting (as expected (in my opinion of course)), but having Ryan Howard with 49 RBI's currently, they certainly aren't the worst. I think they'll be a threat in the post season for sure.

St. Louis Cardinals: STL is a real scare to any pitcher. With Pujols and Berkman batting 3 and 4 in their line up, you can't exactly pitch around either of them. Pujols has been having an average season, but Berkman is really hot. He's a contender for the NL triple crown right now. They also have a very consistent and solid pitching rotation that can keep them winning games. I also think they're a threat to any team in October.

Milwaukee Brewers: Milwaukee is probably one of the most balanced teams in the MLB at the moment. Their batting is very solid. With Braun and Fielder having good seasons thus far, and Rickie Weeks also contributing, they'll always be able to consistently put up runs. Also, just like STL, they have a very solid pitching rotation. I think they'll be able to make it to the post season with the wildcard seed.

San Francisco Giants: The Giants really have just as good of a pitching staff as Philadelphia. Behind the human strikeout machine Lincecum and Vogelsong being a solid starter, they can always depend on their pitching to hold up when they need it to most. You also can't forget about Brad Wilson who is one of the best closers in the league at the moment. The only problem the Giants currently have is their batting, which is one of the worst right now. I'm not sure if they'll get to the post season or not, it depends if Arizona can pick it back up to where they were a few weeks ago, or not.

Boston Redsox: Boston started off the season slow, but have really been a freight train in the AL as of late. They're the best batting team in the league, with Adrian Gonzalez, who has been very consistent with his RBI output and batting average, David Ortiz who has also been having quite a good season, with his normal RBI/HR output, and a surprisingly high batting average, and also key players like Kevin Youkillis, Jacoby Ellsbury, Dustin Pedroia, and Carl Crawford who have been having decent years. Their pitching hasn't been great, but they've been good enough to carry them to the post season, whether it be the AL North title, or the Wildcard.

New York Yankees: New York has been streaky in my view. They've had their share of ups and downs, but are really always going to be a threat. Curtis Granderson and Mark Teixeira have really been giving reinforcement to their nickname of being the 'Bronx Bombers'. Their entire batting line up, including Alex Rodriguez, Derek Jeter, and Robinson Cano, will always be able to put up runs when needed. Their pitching staff hasn't really been living up to their price, and personnel A.J Burnett and Bartolo Colon not exactly living up to their hype. I think they'll continue to compete with Boston though, and most likely reach the playoffs, which ever way that is the opposite of Boston's.

Texas Rangers: The Rangers have really been a solid hitting team. With Hamilton returning a few games ago, and others in the line up consistantly putting up Homeruns and RBI's, they'll always be a point scoring threat. Their pitching staff is another solid one in the Majors. They will definitely be able to reach the post season again, unless they start to struggle, which I don't really see happening.

Feel free to give your own opinions on any other team, or those that I have listed.

Use this topic to argue/debate/share what ever you feel that relates to the MLB season. Who do you think will reach the post season? Which teams are bound to sky rocket soon and surprise everyone?

To any GMT who reads this (or not) and just posts something along the lines of, "I don't give a shit lmfao" or "shit sport", you'll be enjoying some time without posting rights for pissing me off.

Bacon040

Live in MN and have already been to 2 Twins games, the stadium is so awesome and new and yeah just perfect nights for baseball. eventhough we suck this year.

Intend on driving down for a Cubs game and a Brewers game cuz its not a far drive really..

Although Yankee's are probbaly my favorite, as they have been since I was just about 5 years old and toured the stadium

Jake

Live in MN and have already been to 2 Twins games, the stadium is so awesome and new and yeah just perfect nights for baseball. eventhough we suck this year.

Intend on driving down for a Cubs game and a Brewers game cuz its not a far drive really..

Although Yankee's are probbaly my favorite, as they have been since I was just about 5 years old and toured the stadium

I've gone to Baltimore a few times also, was maybe around 2000 though. It was a pretty cool experience.

Ludadogg0

I love my Yankees.

They'll win the East for sure.