Sign in to follow this  
Corey

MW2 Matchmaking Update

Corey

Changed how you search for games again

Weâ??ve opened up the hood on Xbox LIVE and tinkered with how matchmaking works for Modern Warfare 2. Itâ??s not a dramatic change, and the majority of our users wonâ??t see any difference â?? but a certain subset of you should be happier now.

When you search for a match, our servers sort through the many thousands of available matches to find the â??bestâ? potential games for you. Weâ??ve changed how we determine â??bestâ?, and your country is now an even more significant factor than it was before. What does this mean to you?

As a gamer, you want to play in a lag-free game. This means that you need to be playing with gamers who are â??near youâ? on the Internet. This is why games like MW2 ping potential matches to determine how close they are and reject them if theyâ??re too far away. If you live somewhere thatâ??s geographically isolated â?? like Australia, for example â?? most of the world is not near you. The speed of light just isnâ??t fast enough (thatâ??s not something I get to say every day).

On behalf of that Australian gamer weâ??re now trying harder than ever to find a session in their country for them to join. Of course, this requires there to be games hosted in Australia with open slots at the moment theyâ??re looking â?? but weâ??ve maximized the odds of those gamers getting together.

While we canâ??t beat the speed of light (yet), we do think that these changes have made finding matches in MW2 a better experience. If it's helped you out we'd love to hear it!

Numbers`

did they do something with psn too? cause I had to update earlier

Corey

Yes, PC 360 and PS3 all should have this update.

Addy-Zach

i play on the PC and today i actually experienced more inabilities to connect to hosts than i ever had in 1 day previously

Breaker

ye good update i love playing with french kids

Ludadogg0