Sign in to follow this  
MEDUSA

Nuggets coach Karl

MEDUSA

New sports section ftw and im from Colorado most recent news

After a blood clot in his leg landed George Karl in the hospital over the weekend, the Nuggets coach is expected to be released today, the Denver Post reports.

"I've seen him the last three days in the hospital," the coach's son, Coby Karl, told the Post on Monday. "They're trying to get drugs in his body so he won't have any more blood clots ... For the most part, he's doing fine. He looks extremely healthy but is frustrated with going back to the hospital."

George Karl, 58, is recovering from radiation and chemotherapy treatment for throat and neck cancer. He had another blood clot scare in March, and doctors inserted a filter designed to prevent the clots from traveling to his heart or lungs. Removed two weeks ago, the filter was reinserted over the weekend.

Karl was diagnosed with cancer late last year and informed his players and the media after coaching the Western Conference in the All-Star Game in February. He began a grueling six-week treatment regimen that eventually sidelined him in mid-March.

He had hoped to return to coaching in the playoffs, but his treatment caused him to lose 25 pounds along with his strength and stamina. His voice is a raspy whisper, his mouth full of sores and his neck red and tender from the radiation.

The Nuggets were 42-21 under Karl but went 12-12 under acting coach Adrian Dantley and were eliminated by the Utah Jazz in six games in the opening round of the playoffs.

Asked whether his father would return to the Nuggets for summer activities and coach next season, Coby Karl told the Post, "I thought he was getting healthier, and I would think that's the plan, but if stuff like this continues, obviously you'll never know what could happen. I think he'll be healthy enough to be around the organization."

YouTrollin

I'll be posting some Eagles topics someday maybe (H)

Dont really care for basketball much lol

Hope he feels better though.

Davedax

+1 i suck huge black cocks , ty

Ludadogg0

Nuggets suck.

Parumpapapums

Nuggets suck.

Without their coach yes.

Addy-Zach

+1 i suck huge black cocks , ty

ive seen you sucking a lot of huge black cocks lately.

Bill Belichick

I like coach Karl.

Tyler

Team had a real chance at making a run if Coach Karl wouldn't of had this incident happen.