Sign in to follow this  
Zero Fear1

Brink

Zero Fear1

Taken from RSC

While it's a bit early to be making a thread about this, considering how it's out early 2011, however, I figured I may as well get other people's thoughts on this.

Official website

My girlfriend sent me the link to this earlier today- and suddenly I want it to come out already. Why? I've been waiting a LONG time for an "agility-based" shooter- which, if pulled off well, the SMART system in this game will be able to provide. (Dev video about the system, if interested) According to the game developers, you'll be able to still fire while doing actions in this system, if the action allows for it (so wallrunning, one-handed vaults with 1-handed guns, while, say, climbing a wall won't allow you to use your weapons (for obvious reasons, pretty hard to scale a wall with one hand))

Missions in this game will be fairly interesting as well- I'll just quote the official website on this one-

Squads of Resistance and Security forces are composed of Engineers, Medics, Operatives and Soldiers. A team will work together to achieve the overall objective of a mission, but you will also be able to complete contextual objectives that benefit the team and earn you additional experience points.

So, seems like we might see a mission like "Capture this building", which is difficult to get to, but if someone can sneak into the enemy's base they might be able to lower a bridge. I still don't like how in most team-based shooters there's only one or two ways to get to the point, never any way to create extra openings for your team... This seems like it might fix that.

This game's going to be an FPSMMO, which I personally love if pulled off right, based in "The Ark", a massive floating city designed to be a sustainable home for the world after global warming screws everything up. As conditions worsen around the world, more and more people flood to The Ark. The government of The Ark labels these immigrants as "Guests", which get forced to do the manual labor, given rationed food and water, and overall treated as second-class citizens. Eventually, a group of Guests, known as The Resistance, try to overthrow the government. The opposite faction, Security, are a group of police forces and citizens convinced The Ark will only survive if it's peaceful order is kept, attempt to stop The Resistance. This is all the storyline that's been released so far, which I feel could turn into a great storyline, or a plain awful one.

Also, if anyone's interested in it, supposedly there's going to be a mountain of character customization options.

Again, I'm aware it might be a bit early to make a thread about this since it's out in 4 or 5 months, but oh well.

It reminds me of Dust 514 seeing as it is a FPSMMO, while Dust focuses more on the future of battles this game focuses more about the harshness of battles. The idea they have is very good, like I said its just like Dust's but it seems this game focuses ALOT more on character development. I saw a trailer for this not to long ago with a friend and both of us thought it was simply amazing. The combat will be intense because like you said you will be able to do ALOT of actions while you fight, so lots of running and shooting will be seen. But I think you will be choosing not really a certain race but more of a certain style, like "Heavy Arms, Assassin's, All-Around, and etc." I'm not to sure on that because I haven't read that much into it but that's what I came to my mind after watching the trailer below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmoJZ43Lkk

But overall the story line already sounds pretty beast from what you described and honestly can't wait for this game to come out.

Floridaguy0

I never base a game on how the trailer looks because it's almost never as good. However, the style of this game looks fun.

Zero Fear1

I never base a game on how the trailer looks because it's almost never as good. However, the style of this game looks fun.

Almost every game trailer make's the game look fantastic but than you play it and your like "Mother fucker, just wasted 18 buck's on this piece of shit." This game how ever has a good concept to it.

Christy

wasn't there a skating movie called brink?

Zero Fear1

wasn't there a skating movie called brink?

Yea.

Brink! is a 1998 Disney Channel Original Movie set in the backdrop of casual inline skating. Scenes from the film were shot at Juanita High School in Kirkland, Washington.

Real

Same developer as quake wars right? Gonna be good

4kyiyw4k

looks good but probably wont bother