Sign in to follow this  
Rcms

TF2 Help? :o

Rcms

Most of you know that i belive in FREE POST COUNT threads..but im personally asking you to give this a 2nd thought please and thanks =)...<3

So okay... Last night I waited the whole 5 hours of downloading Team Fortress 2. Highly reccomended to me by IRL freinds and even someone on RoT forums posted it. But since the first time I opened the client, it crashes on me. Like completely goes away from my proccess on task manager away. I'll add some more info below after the pictures-

Min. System Requirements For TF2

screenshot210z.png

what my computer specs are: (Yes they are shit..but its a salvaged CPU so grrr lol)

screenshot211x.png

screenshot212.png

A little more indepth to the problem-

These are the steps in order of what happens:

I double click the Tf2 Icon on my desktop

I get a warning from the STEAM™ application saying

screenshot213.png

====This is where it gets weird====

The application comes up, resizes my resolution:

It commenses to play the opening advertisements from the Tf2 game: (If you've ever played you know what I mean)

It shows the advertisement for Valve™ and then shows the advert of "Powerd by Source"

And after that fads away, my computer goes black - stahls for a moment (My cursor shows the hourglass timer)

Then it flashes and returns to my desktop. The TF2 icon is gone from my bottom bar (Icon is still on my desktop)

Nothing is slow/crashing or anything like that after it closes down.

========================================END===========================================

Not to sure what exactly is going on as im not totally smart with comp :blush: but hopefully someone out there can figgure out whats wrong and I would be eternally gratefull. If any of you have questions I'll be monitoring this topic for a while. Ill be sure to reply if not pm me on irc ^.^.

Edited by Rcms

Nine

You don't have an actual graphics card, your motherboard has a build in chip (the intel graphics controller) but they usually don't support any 'big' games.

My friend got the same error when trying to play MW2 on his shitty computer that didn't have a graphics card either.

Numbers`

You don't have an actual graphics card, your motherboard has a build in chip (the intel graphics controller) but they usually don't support any 'big' games.

My friend got the same error when trying to play MW2 on his shitty computer that didn't have a graphics card either.

Ye my laptops the same, you can't play shit now without a real card.

Luck Z

Ye my laptops the same, you can't play shit now without a real card.

++

Get a better computer, they aren't exactly expensive nowadays.

woot.com/newegg.com usually have some ridiculous sales on laptops/computers about once every 2 weeks or so and they're definitely worth the money if you are looking for cheap + good shit

Rcms

^^^ alright guys the problem is identified :P..I never woulda known the problem without you ^.^. TF2 forums are dead as fuck with support. Mostly people bitching about it going f2p. Thanks guys I'll look further into the issue and get me a new card. I never woulda guessed that intel® wouldnt have worked >..<. Having this topic closed. Much appriciated guys.