Sign in to follow this  
Powpang

Clans, Do They Really Have An Excuse NOT To Do P2P Now?

Powpang

So we've seen a return of RuneScape "Old School" servers and everyone has had to start from scratch. Obviously some have put more work in than others (virgins, jobless, Violent Resolution, no friends, 50 year olds, etc...) but a wide spread number of people have clearly shown interest in the new Old School RuneScape.

Jagex have gone about bringing these servers back quite cleverly as they've done what they can to solve what the biggest problem was, which was P2P Pking. If you disagree with that statement then I'm sorry but then you must have been in some sort of coma in the year 2008 and onwards. (The decline in activity in P2P slumped at a greater pace than that of F2P Pking).

With only P2P servers currently active clans are taking part who we never really saw in P2P before. With this new activity in such early days of a fresh RuneScape do you believe it can be a complete revival for P2P Pking? Though It looks pretty obvious F2P Worlds will be implemented soon but with clans getting a taste for P2P in this era again before F2P Pking, do you think this will be enough to keep them active in P2P as well as F2P?

Jamie

started from the bottom now we #1 still always

Harry

I think they will because the F2P servers will have limited activity and will be mainly for planned wars.

Christy

I get where you're coming from for sure and I do agree with bringing F2P back might effect activity in P2P. Imo though it's hard for me to vote against something that quite a few people really do want in the game. We all got what we liked most back: P2P and so we're all pretty happy with that..it's hard to just turn around and deny the other people back. I mean what if Jagex had taken the same approach..."If we bring out RS 2007 it will take activity away from the game we spend most of our developer's time on (eoc)" I doubt we'd have an rs 2007.

That being said it wont matter much at this point anyways since it has pretty overwhelming support now.

True Hero

my clan plans to do both f2p and p2p I think maybe more clans will do both since there wont be any updates as far as weapons and tactics go in p2p and all the content that ruined p2p pking b4 doesn't exist in old school rs

`Ankit

Looking at the clans who have participated in fights in OSRS, it's pretty much all of the clans who participated in P2P pre-EOC. ROT and DI were the most dominant in P2P; all the pure clans pretty much stuck to p2p or at least did a very diverse mix of p2p and f2p; and then you have VR where half of their clan has had p2p experience through FF or Brut. So in essence, P2P won't die due to F2P servers, but rather because the P2P titans decided to switch and not continue with what they were doing.

Villiska

Even if the F2P worlds didn't come out, it would have ended up being RoT vs DI about 90% of the time. KO, AF and what soon would become FF once VR closed would never give us a challenging fight. Even DI after being closed for 4 years would barely give us a good fight because they have shit organization due to none of their members having any chemistry.

The bottom line is P2P would have died again regardless because of us. At least going down this path we have some action in the future.

Kanelife

If they venture into p2p they will get wrecked and crutch back onto f2p doesn't matter

Sawcats

No. F2p clans will RARELY step foot in P2P, just like last time lol

Diving

If they venture into p2p they will get wrecked and crutch back onto f2p doesn't matter

^

Guest Evan

Would be nice to see several different clans PKing regularly in F2P and P2P

Darkwiza

i've always thought it, now i can officially say it an 100% mean it

RSD are a bunch of fucking pussies

`Ankit

i've always thought it, now i can officially say it an 100% mean it

RSD are a bunch of fucking pussies

Rsd is full on dead rolf. Not sure who you're trying to impress big guy

Beanie

VR and DI are the only clans with the numbers to challenge us but DI will probably hide out in F2P and VR will probably remake FF. I'm going to hold out hope that AF can eventually grow and give us some fights too just for variation.

Other than that, no one is going to challenge us which would kinda suck.

Daniela

I mean what if Jagex had taken the same approach..."If we bring out RS 2007 it will take activity away from the game we spend most of our developer's time on (eoc)" I doubt we'd have an rs 2007.

jagex didn't bring 07 back out of the goodness of their heart just because a few people didn't like where eoc was headed. they now have an additional version of the game that roughly 50% of their overall playerbase plays AND that isn't free like a part of eoc was, the 07 servers require little to no maintanence and minimal staff with no major updates ever being necessary because the people are just playing for old times sake and don't even want the updates. it was the smartest move they could've made as a business lol

ontopic: clans that are too scared to fight us now in p2p won't do it in the future either, f2p servers coming out might take away some activity that could've been brought into p2p servers but the kind of activity is on a different level than us, the clans who haven't done p2p before would've never fought us in a way that satisfies our needs either way. I don't know if the additional activity created through f2p servers can result in clans stepping into p2p more but even if they do, they won't be good enough to fully entertain us. with that said I'm looking forward to owning shit up in f2p

Edited by Daniela