Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Rob

Matt

I'm gonna say I called it because I remarked on his intro that I thought he had "started on the right foot". Considering he now sits at second-in-command of the clan I'd say that was just a sign of what was to come.

I think it's fair to say that the time you came up in this clan has a lot to do with how you see things. Rob came up at a time when as far as the clan's business goes, there was no time for bullshit. Anti-RoT was peaking in terms of the amount of clans they were able to band together and when we weren't busy with that we were prepping for what would eventually be our clean sweep of the 2015 Jagex Cup. Every era is shaped in different ways but I think those that experienced some of those landmark events (including the first DMM) came out on the other side built a little bit differently.

It took a few years flying under the radar before anyone really caught onto his true potential. I'll say I called it for a second time because I also said when he was first promoted that I thought we had found the right man for the job and considering he's been at it consistently for years and has risen in the ranks means I was right. There's not much we do nowadays that he's not playing a part in. I suspect it'll be that way for a long time to come.