Sign in to follow this  
Aceman

Old School Jagex Cup

B I N O

would be sweet if its in the wild

Guest Evan

what does he mean with "I would love to get a professional competitive element into Old School. I have some contacts at some of the companies that arrange these events"?

I scrolled up but couldn't find what he was referring to.

As for Jcup sure, as long as they don't bring major updates into the wildy to make it happen

off topic: I don't really understand Harry's topic overall. I get that jagex are rapidly banning botters and it just so happens that many in the clan world are botting. But you can't criticize jagex for doing their job (banning the botters). It's not like they're going to give exceptions to botters, even if they're just botting combat stats

Gig

All of the other clans are pussies so the whole thing will probably be shit.

Aceman

what does he mean with "I would love to get a professional competitive element into Old School. I have some contacts at some of the companies that arrange these events"?

As for Jcup sure, as long as they don't bring major updates into the wildy to make it happen

off topic: I don't really understand Harry's topic overall. I get that jagex are rapidly banning botters and it just so happens that many in the clan world are botting. But you can't criticize jagex for doing their job (banning the botters). It's not like they're going to give exceptions to botters, even if they're just botting combat stats

It's the fact they only banned the combat bots and not the gold farming bots. JaGeX should be focusing on the gold farming bots as they're breaking many laws by botting + real life trading. The people who botted combat are just lazy / want to do it faster, they're not really hurting anyone. Hundreds of clanners banned at once does no good for the game, especially when the ban is only for 2 weeks and none of them perm. Seems more as though it's a slap in the face rather than an actual attempt at stopping botters.

weston_b

maybe in the wilderness with official jagex moderation so no crashing can occur

Sfp4

think you can relatively laugh off any attempt they make to add content to this game right now however if they monitor this and make it so its fair/doesnt get ddosd/ or crashed i think its pretty cool(since rot will win hands down more or less lol)

Mfw

bring back cwa or i quit

You just want your old solace 10v10s in cws again idiot

derek

bring back cwa or i quit

ye i loved our inner clan fights

Gig

It's the fact they only banned the combat bots and not the gold farming bots. JaGeX should be focusing on the gold farming bots as they're breaking many laws by botting + real life trading. The people who botted combat are just lazy / want to do it faster, they're not really hurting anyone. Hundreds of clanners banned at once does no good for the game, especially when the ban is only for 2 weeks and none of them perm. Seems more as though it's a slap in the face rather than an actual attempt at stopping botters.

It is agreeable that both sides to the argument have a point and it was inevitable that these bans would happen eventually. But at the end of the day when I see certain areas of the game completely packed to capacity with gold farming bots and to think how easily they could be dealt with and then Jagex puts focus toward banning the people botting combat, a lot of which make up the clan world is pathetic. Especially since the people in clans and the pkers are going to be the people that carry the game until it gets shut down which is also pretty inevitable at this rate.

Guest Evan

It's not a fact that they're only banning gold farming bots. They're banning everyone who bots. Like I said, they're not going to make exceptions because you think botting combat doesn't hurt anyone. In Jagex's eyes, it does since botters have the upper hand versus non botters, especially when PKing (since botting is easier than actually spending the time training). You're right that it doesn't help the game if the majority of the clan world is banned, but then again you're breaking the rules by botting in the first place. It's my understanding that the first offense for botting is 2 weeks banned and then a perm ban if done again. This deterrence would work but the problem is that lots of people don't want to train themselves so they keep botting after they get a 2 week ban and then complain once they get perm banned.

It's just interesting to see people botting and then get mad when they get banned for it

Creepyweird

Wildy or smd

Mfw

bring back cwa or i quit

ye i loved our inner clan fights

Your innerclans were like league of legends, 5v5s :rage:

Aceman

It's not a fact that they're only banning gold farming bots. They're banning everyone who bots. Like I said, they're not going to make exceptions because you think botting combat doesn't hurt anyone. In Jagex's eyes, it does since botters have the upper hand versus non botters, especially when PKing (since botting is easier than actually spending the time training). You're right that it doesn't help the game if the majority of the clan world is banned, but then again you're breaking the rules by botting in the first place. It's my understanding that the first offense for botting is 2 weeks banned and then a perm ban if done again. This deterrence would work but the problem is that lots of people don't want to train themselves so they keep botting after they get a 2 week ban and then complain once they get perm banned.

It's just interesting to see people botting and then get mad when they get banned for it

That's the thing though, all the gold farming bots are STILL GOING. Like the people who have 15 gold farming bots, their main got banned but the other bots did not. So in the mean time while they ban the combat training bots all the gold farming ones are still there. People aren't mad they got banned for botting, they're mad about the circumstances.

Circumstances being:

Only combat botters banned

Huge clump of clan world banned all at once, not one at a time. It was a nuke of clanners

Gold farming bots still around and stronger than ever (the ones that actually real world trade)

All these "combat botters" were sent as a list by one individual who went around and wrote down the names of everyone he suspected to be a botter

Could find more botters at fishing guide / Catherby than the amount of people who were banned

Edited by Aceman

Guest Evan

It is agreeable that both sides to the argument have a point and it was inevitable that these bans would happen eventually. But at the end of the day when I see certain areas of the game completely packed to capacity with gold farming bots and to think how easily they could be dealt with and then Jagex puts focus toward banning the people botting combat, a lot of which make up the clan world is pathetic. Especially since the people in clans and the pkers are going to be the people that carry the game until it gets shut down which is also pretty inevitable at this rate.

Clearly, most people don't want to train their combat stats without botting and I think Jagex are being slightly hard-headed by keeping strict to their rules of no botting whatsoever and not making it easier like 2x exp gain rate or something along those lines. I'm assuming they're paying more attention to combat botters than before is because the majority of the clan world is botting and they wanted to reduce it. So far it's worked... from what i've seen, most people are laying low and not botting combat as severely as before.

Aceman

Nah people are botting just as heavily. Wouldn't it be worth it to get 120 cmb by botting hard then being banned for 2 weeks?