Sign in to follow this  
Aceman

Old School Jagex Cup

Guest Evan

what does he mean with "I would love to get a professional competitive element into Old School. I have some contacts at some of the companies that arrange these events"?

I scrolled up but couldn't find what he was referring to.

As for Jcup sure, as long as they don't bring major updates into the wildy to make it happen

off topic: I don't really understand Harry's topic overall. I get that jagex are rapidly banning botters and it just so happens that many in the clan world are botting. But you can't criticize jagex for doing their job (banning the botters). It's not like they're going to give exceptions to botters, even if they're just botting combat stats

It's the fact they only banned the combat bots and not the gold farming bots. JaGeX should be focusing on the gold farming bots as they're breaking many laws by botting + real life trading. The people who botted combat are just lazy / want to do it faster, they're not really hurting anyone. Hundreds of clanners banned at once does no good for the game, especially when the ban is only for 2 weeks and none of them perm. Seems more as though it's a slap in the face rather than an actual attempt at stopping botters.

It's not a fact that they're only banning gold farming bots. They're banning everyone who bots. Like I said, they're not going to make exceptions because you think botting combat doesn't hurt anyone. In Jagex's eyes, it does since botters have the upper hand versus non botters, especially when PKing (since botting is easier than actually spending the time training). You're right that it doesn't help the game if the majority of the clan world is banned, but then again you're breaking the rules by botting in the first place. It's my understanding that the first offense for botting is 2 weeks banned and then a perm ban if done again. This deterrence would work but the problem is that lots of people don't want to train themselves so they keep botting after they get a 2 week ban and then complain once they get perm banned.

It's just interesting to see people botting and then get mad when they get banned for it

That's the thing though, all the gold farming bots are STILL GOING. Like the people who have 15 gold farming bots, their main got banned but the other bots did not. So in the mean time while they ban the combat training bots all the gold farming ones are still there. People aren't mad they got banned for botting, they're mad about the circumstances.

Circumstances being:

Only combat botters banned

Huge clump of clan world banned all at once, not one at a time. It was a nuke of clanners

Gold farming bots still around and stronger than ever (the ones that actually real world trade)

All these "combat botters" were sent as a list by one individual who went around and wrote down the names of everyone he suspected to be a botter

Could find more botters at fishing guide / Catherby than the amount of people who were banned

I don't know where this notion of only combat botters being banned is coming from. Clearly, Non combat botters are also being banned. It's just that there's so much more of them than the combat botters. Clearly, the anti-bot software jagex have isn't that great since the mods are virtually going up to the yew/magic trees and individually banning them from there instead of having a system which can tell who is botting from the moment they start doing it. Once one of these lvl 3 junk accounts get banned, there's like 10 more to fill its place. That's probably why you think there's not much being done about them.

The "huge clump" of the clan world being banned at once is because that huge clump of the clan world was botting lol. Clearly, jagex are taking a no tolerance policy with botting of any nature.

Edited by Evan

Aceman

what does he mean with "I would love to get a professional competitive element into Old School. I have some contacts at some of the companies that arrange these events"?

As for Jcup sure, as long as they don't bring major updates into the wildy to make it happen

off topic: I don't really understand Harry's topic overall. I get that jagex are rapidly banning botters and it just so happens that many in the clan world are botting. But you can't criticize jagex for doing their job (banning the botters). It's not like they're going to give exceptions to botters, even if they're just botting combat stats

It's the fact they only banned the combat bots and not the gold farming bots. JaGeX should be focusing on the gold farming bots as they're breaking many laws by botting + real life trading. The people who botted combat are just lazy / want to do it faster, they're not really hurting anyone. Hundreds of clanners banned at once does no good for the game, especially when the ban is only for 2 weeks and none of them perm. Seems more as though it's a slap in the face rather than an actual attempt at stopping botters.

It's not a fact that they're only banning gold farming bots. They're banning everyone who bots. Like I said, they're not going to make exceptions because you think botting combat doesn't hurt anyone. In Jagex's eyes, it does since botters have the upper hand versus non botters, especially when PKing (since botting is easier than actually spending the time training). You're right that it doesn't help the game if the majority of the clan world is banned, but then again you're breaking the rules by botting in the first place. It's my understanding that the first offense for botting is 2 weeks banned and then a perm ban if done again. This deterrence would work but the problem is that lots of people don't want to train themselves so they keep botting after they get a 2 week ban and then complain once they get perm banned.

It's just interesting to see people botting and then get mad when they get banned for it

That's the thing though, all the gold farming bots are STILL GOING. Like the people who have 15 gold farming bots, their main got banned but the other bots did not. So in the mean time while they ban the combat training bots all the gold farming ones are still there. People aren't mad they got banned for botting, they're mad about the circumstances.

Circumstances being:

Huge clump of clan world banned all at once, not one at a time. It was a nuke of clanners

Gold farming bots still around and stronger than ever (the ones that actually real world trade)

All these "combat botters" were sent as a list by one individual who went around and wrote down the names of everyone he suspected to be a botter

Could find more botters at fishing guide / Catherby than the amount of people who were banned

I don't know where this notion of only combat botters being banned is coming from. Clearly, Non combat botters are also being banned. It's just that there's so much more of them than the combat botters. Clearly, the anti-bot software jagex have isn't that great since the mods are virtually going up to the yew/magic trees and individually banning them from there instead of having a system which can tell who is botting from the moment they start doing it. Once one of these lvl 3 junk accounts get banned, there's like 10 more to fill its place. That's probably why you think there's not much being done about them.

The "huge clump" of the clan world being banned at once is because that huge clump of the clan world was botting lol. Clearly, jagex are taking a no tolerance policy with botting of any nature.

No I'm telling you. There was a kid who went around collecting names of everyone he thought was botting, and Jagex banned most of them. None of the non-combat bots were banned. They charge to play osrs, if they wanted to be rid of botting they would consistently ban them until they couldn't make a profit. I'm telling you though I know of a good 10+ people who have at least 15 bots, and the only one that got banned was their main. JaGeX normally ban when they find out the account is botting, but it was as if they waited and banned everyone at once. That's whats causing the controversy.

Daniela

haven't read the other replies yet but my point personally is that they let it go on for so long when they have always been aware of combat bots and instead of banning a few people when botting started becoming popular on 07rs they are doing a massban at the start of summer. Then of course the fact that first time offenders with cb bots got a 2 weeks ban and the day after a bunch of goldfarmers were banned for 1 day

Guest Evan

Circumstances being:

No I'm telling you. There was a kid who went around collecting names of everyone he thought was botting, and Jagex banned most of them. None of the non-combat bots were banned. They charge to play osrs, if they wanted to be rid of botting they would consistently ban them until they couldn't make a profit. I'm telling you though I know of a good 10+ people who have at least 15 bots, and the only one that got banned was their main. JaGeX normally ban when they find out the account is botting, but it was as if they waited and banned everyone at once. That's whats causing the controversy.

First, how do you know no non-combat botters are being banned? I'm not going to sit here and argue the details of how jagex goes about banning people and if they give more attention to certain botters over others but it seems like there's a lot of assumptions being made about this. The fact is that no one knows for sure what kind of botters the focus, if any, is on. We can just base our assumptions on what we see and what has happened to our friends and their main accounts/ bot accounts. I know people who haven't had their botted main account banned but have had several of their slave accounts banned. Clearly, there's no pattern.

Guest Evan

haven't read the other replies yet but my point personally is that they let it go on for so long when they have always been aware of combat bots and instead of banning a few people when botting started becoming popular on 07rs they are doing a massban at the start of summer. Then of course the fact that first time offenders with cb bots got a 2 weeks ban and the day after a bunch of goldfarmers were banned for 1 day

Is there some kind of jagex news update about these bans? Where are you getting this info from? Or are you just going off of what your friends' accounts have encountered?

Edited by Evan

Daniela

Is there some kind of jagex news update about these bans? Where are you getting this info from? Or are you just going off of what your friends' accounts have encountered?

na jagex publically stated in the live game that they know about combat bots and put a blind eye to it, a longterm friend of mine used to work for them and also said they always knew about the bots

Guest Evan

na jagex publically stated in the live game that they know about combat bots and put a blind eye to it, a longterm friend of mine used to work for them and also said they always knew about the bots

Clearly they know there are combat botters lol. Did they say why they they put no attention to them in the past?

Daniela

Clearly they know there are combat botters lol. Did they say why they they put no attention to them in the past?

not as far as I know, but I guess if they had approached the issue from the start of 07 it would've never got to this

FInn

hopefully i can app before they do it!

Del

hopefully they don't mess shit up too much this time around

`Ankit

they'll bring back cwa just for you del taco. you can return to the homeland once again!!

Jacknt

Interesting..

Del

they'll bring back cwa just for you del taco. you can return to the homeland once again!!

:grin:

Andrew

Jcup sure but I don't want them to do something stupid like add Clan Wars permanently