Sign in to follow this  
Shembo

Would you quit OSRS if GE was announced?

`Ankit

hell yeah i would

Guest Shorty-

Sadly, I got in some legal trouble, and can't enjoy life. So I play actively.

Explain this?

claudia

I want it to come out just cause it upsets runebombus

Robin

Would make my life easier.

Cant be bothered to run around looking for shit items nobody has.

Twitter

i liked the ge, annoying as fk having to pm some random kid to buy something

Guest Desire

YES i would quit!!!!!!

I want to interact with REAL players not a GRAND EXCHANGE interface, god !!!!

Jargex does it again .. FFS they want to take the last sense of COMMUNITY away from this game???

Let me tell you about the last time Jargex decided to release the GRAND EXCHANGE..

The year is 2007. I ran a snelm shop out of my player owned house in pollnivneach..I built that house with my bare hands (85 cons) and let me tell you, business was booming. I managed to essentially monopolize the snelm industry and, doing what any great businessman would do after eliminating competition, I raised my prices a bit. Snelms were popping off for 5k each and I paid my snelm harvesters absolute slave wages..my profit margin was incredible, I was a god amongst men. I had regular customers that would pop into my POH daily and get a few snelms for themselves, their wives, children, relatives, friends..let's just say I was pushing upwards of 50,000 snelms a day (more around holidays) and I had become quite a wealthy man.

And then one day, out of nowhere, I can no longer charge 5k for a snelm..the trade screen dictates TO ME what my snelms are worth. Jargex decides what the blood, sweat, and tears of MY LABOR is worth. Let me tell you, they weren't fucking generous with their estimation. 350 gp for a snelm?! Surely this is a glitch, or perhaps it's april fools? Neither. This was the future of MY business, the snelm industry was in shambles. Never again would I come face to face with my customers, they would rather get snelms through the grand exchange because it was more "convenient". Needless to say I retired from the snelm game and went to live the rest of my pathetic existence on white wolf mountain.

Years later, 07 runescape is released..no trade caps and no grand exchange. I revive the snelm industry and I'm as happy as ever, but now Jargex wants to repeat their mistake? The grand exchange is coming back? Not if I have anything to say about it.

I swear I'll quit i fucking swear.

Snelm penance costed me like 15 EUR back in the day

Daniela

YES i would quit!!!!!!

I want to interact with REAL players not a GRAND EXCHANGE interface, god !!!!

Jargex does it again .. FFS they want to take the last sense of COMMUNITY away from this game???

Let me tell you about the last time Jargex decided to release the GRAND EXCHANGE..

The year is 2007. I ran a snelm shop out of my player owned house in pollnivneach..I built that house with my bare hands (85 cons) and let me tell you, business was booming. I managed to essentially monopolize the snelm industry and, doing what any great businessman would do after eliminating competition, I raised my prices a bit. Snelms were popping off for 5k each and I paid my snelm harvesters absolute slave wages..my profit margin was incredible, I was a god amongst men. I had regular customers that would pop into my POH daily and get a few snelms for themselves, their wives, children, relatives, friends..let's just say I was pushing upwards of 50,000 snelms a day (more around holidays) and I had become quite a wealthy man.

And then one day, out of nowhere, I can no longer charge 5k for a snelm..the trade screen dictates TO ME what my snelms are worth. Jargex decides what the blood, sweat, and tears of MY LABOR is worth. Let me tell you, they weren't fucking generous with their estimation. 350 gp for a snelm?! Surely this is a glitch, or perhaps it's april fools? Neither. This was the future of MY business, the snelm industry was in shambles. Never again would I come face to face with my customers, they would rather get snelms through the grand exchange because it was more "convenient". Needless to say I retired from the snelm game and went to live the rest of my pathetic existence on white wolf mountain.

Years later, 07 runescape is released..no trade caps and no grand exchange. I revive the snelm industry and I'm as happy as ever, but now Jargex wants to repeat their mistake? The grand exchange is coming back? Not if I have anything to say about it.

I swear I'll quit i fucking swear.

ye if snelm economy gets fucked again you can definitely count me out of runescape. cya never fagex!

Own u 1107

YES TO GE! I remember people would hang out there and just sit and relax but now its feels like Africa where everyone desperate to sell items.

Edited by Own u 1107

Mfw

she met me on a walk way.

omg cheater

shots

YES TO GE! I remember people would hang out there and just sit and relax but now its feels like Africa where everyone desperate to sell items.

trust you to know what africa feels like

Shembo

Sadly, I got in some legal trouble, and can't enjoy life. So I play actively.

Explain this?

St pattys day, got pissed at the girl I went out with over something I cant even remember and decided I was going to roll out. The police had other ideas. Woke up behind a glass wall. Everything is being dropped down but it still lands me with 90 days restricted driving after sentencing which is ~a month away.

Guess I am one of few who is against the GE. Dem. /Topic

1136g11

no i wish there was a ge

Rob56

I made 8 friends without the GE...

I stood in banks and bought/sold items and went on (z) and met people up to buy/sell items from them, and ENGAGED in a conversation with them lasting at an average of 5-10 minutes. Then I said, "Friends?" and ever since I've been continuously engaging in conversations with them when I was online. I even did a couple quests with one friend.

So to all the GE lovers... NO we do not just trade and say "ty" and walk away.

With the GE these friendships would have never happened.